Monday 3 August 2009

Been a busy Bee!

I just realised that I haven't written a blog entry for over a week! I have been caught up in a lot this week but have made time for plenty of photo opportunities and taken a lot of snaps. I do feel I have made a lot of progress this week, I still feel like I am floundering a bit as far as the settings are concerned on my camera. I tend to get into a bit of a panic when trying to decide what setting to use in what conditions. The thing I struggle with is being patient enough to work it out slowly when composing a shot...I get impatient and shoot without thinking meaning that the picture doesn't come out how I want it too. I MUST work on this over the coming weeks because I really want to get to grips with this.

Next week is my birthday and my husband has ordered me a tripod and a remote control to use, I am really looking forward to practising with them! I am hoping to use them to do some more stylised shots and self portraits.

Over the last week I have been all over the place, firstly I met a friend for lunch in Bath, scouted out some striking graffiti and street art in Bristol, went for walk around Pensford Viaduct & waded through Wells in the pouring rain and sought shelter in the Cathedral Chapterhouse & spent a lovely sunny day at Bristol Harbour Festival yesterday! A fun-filled week!!!

Here are the highlights of my week :)


The Circus, Bath

ES & A Robinson, Paper Bag Maker

Pensford Viaduct

Bath from Alexandra Park, Bear Flat

Red Robes

Circus

Bright Colours

Merry-go-round Horses

Juicy Plums

No comments:

Post a Comment