Monday 10 August 2009

Bristol Balloon Fiesta

Well, like I said in my last blog, I was really keen to see the balloons at the fiesta which took place at Ashton Court in Bristol. We were pretty busy at the weekend, I was out on Friday night celebrating my birthday with work friends and we had friends to stay over on Saturday night so time was limited. But I was determined
to go so yesterday chap and I got up before sunrise at 4am to travel the 12 miles into Bristol to watch the early morning 'mass-launch'.

I don't know how many balloons went up but the announcer said that 95 balloons had launched the previous morning. It was magical and I have to say the highlight of my summer so far! Breathtaking.

Bristol Balloon Festival

After catching up on some sleep after the fiesta (we were home by 8.30am!) we went to Bath as a family for the afternoon. We had a picnic in the park and Chap chased the pigeons! P and I lived in Bath for a few years and we always like to go back and re-visit it every now and again. Its nice to view it as a tourist would do on occasion!

Flap

No comments:

Post a Comment